Professionally Installed and Monitored Home Security Systems
Protecting family, Homes, And Possessions For 75 Years
Monitored Floyd systems qualify for maximum insurance discounts
Need a New System?
Looking to gain peace of mind by adding a new security system to your home? Look no further, Floyd Security professionally installs systems using quality equipment made by Honeywell. We professionally monitor your security system at our own 5-Star Central Station located in Bloomington, Minnesota
Have An Existing System?
Do you already have an existing security system in your home that you’re not using or doesn’t work? Floyd Security can reconnect or update and monitor most existing competitors’ alarm systems. Upgrade that system and connect to your home from anywhere!
Free Phone or Home Visit Consultations
Our consultations are complimentary, with zero pressure or obligation. We can provide consultations over-the-phone or by an in-person home visit. Either way, we will make sure all your security concerns get addressed. We also are happy to discuss the many extra features our systems offer that will make your life easier and deliver greater peace of mind. Our consultations are ideal for all customers, whether your shopping for a new system or you have an existing system that you want to upgrade.
Why Do You Need Home Security?
Chances are you expect the place you work and shop to use security measures of some kind to keep workers and customers safe. Most people would find it odd that a place of business won’t invest in security. Yet, most people don’t have the same expectations of the place where safety and peace of mind is arguably most important – their own home. Here are just a few reasons you should be concerned:
• There is one burglary every 13 seconds.
• Every year, approximately 2.5 million burglaries still take place.
• Sixty-six percent of all burglaries involve breaking into residential properties.
• Most residential burglaries occur during the day.
• Only 13 percent of burglaries are solved, usually due to no witness or conclusive evidence.
• Homes without a security system are three times more likely to be burglarized.
• Most burglars check to see if there is an alarm before they attempt to break into a home.
• Twenty-eight percent of the time, someone is home when a burglary takes place.
Wired vs. Wireless Security
So, you’ve decided residential security is a good idea after all. Now what? First, you must choose between a wireless or a wired security system. Wired security alarm systems have been around the longest and usually function via the home’s installed landline. In the past, they are usually chosen for their reliability. Today’s wireless technology is considered just as reliable as wired systems. Matter of fact wireless burglar alarm systems has become more popular because they lower install and offer more flexibility in finished homes. Wireless devices have broadened the use of systems to include being notified when the baby cries or even spying on Fido the dog or Whiskers the cat while at work.
Why Choose Wireless Security?
We strongly recommend going wireless. Here are a few of the reasons we think it is a better option for your needs:
• Installing a wireless security alarm is cheaper than trying to install a wired system. With today’s DIY offerings, someone with basic technical skills can install a system on their own. This makes it especially ideal for rental properties since it requires no physical changes to the property.
• One of the top reasons people prefer wireless security is because they usually come with an App to monitor the home remotely. This is especially useful when on vacation or when minors are home alone. Some parents and spouses also use this as a means of communication in the same way someone else may FaceTime or Skype.
• Another high-tech perk of going wireless is those systems are usually compatible with a wide range of Zwave and wifi home automation devices you can add on to your system down the road. These include dimming lights, turning lights on and off, or locking and unlocking doors.
• As new technology hits the market, people with updated wireless systems have the option of upgrading easily.
How Do Wireless Security Alarms Work?
Wireless technology has come a long way over the past few years, and chances are you’re curious to see how that applies to your security system at home. Put simply, a fully wireless system uses independent sensors to monitor the house. These sensors may track movement, loud sounds, an open door, or a broken window. The sensors then communicate with a central hub or control panel. This control panel, in turn, sends those signals to whomever you want to receive the events from your home. This could be a professional monitoring company or your own smartphone or both. Events typically refer to an incident that triggers a sensor, such as a baby crying or a teenager sneaking in past curfew at 3 a.m.
Need a New System?
Maybe you have a wired system but now see the benefits of a wireless home system and want to switch. Or, perhaps you never had a system at all. Either way, now you want to know what is the best alarm to use for your home? As an Authorized Honeywell Security Dealer, we have been working with their products for more than three decades. Here are a few of the benefits we offer at Floyd Total Security:
• We provide free consultations to assess your needs and best tailor a plan to suit them.
• We offer competitive prices for low monthly monitoring with the ability to upgrade to extra perks.
• The wireless technology we install in your home uses 128-bit encryption to keep your home and your personal information safe.
• Despite our high-tech encryption, our Lyric system is very easy to use and will not require a technician for you to set up schedules and add a few customizations.
• We stand by the quality of the labor and equipment we provide with a one-year warranty.